Friday, October 17, 2014

Happy Saturday everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. Me? Well this was my view for the last couple days...
Yup, I just spent the last couple days in bed with some kind of bug. I hate being sick, but I can't help but think it's God's way of saying, "If you're not going to give yourself a break, I'm going to make sure you take one!" It also gave me time to think, which in this case is a good thing. The biggest thing I've been thinking about is my blog, and I've decided I'm going to put more energy into it. I had a blog ages ago before a big life upheaval and really enjoyed being part of that community. THIS community. The inspiration, the encouragement, the friendships. I missed that more than I realized!! So I'm back and am looking to get more involved...and I'm incredibly excited by that thought ;)
     Right now I'm searching through blogs finding interesting ones to follow and coming up with ideas to keep my own creative juices flowing so I'll have lots to share as well. I'm also working on getting some more projects done. Right now my focus is on these 3....
1. The string quilts. 
 They are being made with 6 1/2 and 5 1/2 inch foundation squares. I would love to have them done before the snow flies, but, well, we'll just see how that goes ;)
2. This scarf. 
It was started over a year ago and should really be done by now, but my procrastination and my crafting ADHD (you know the "I've got to get this *insert project here* finished OOH!! I need to make that *insert new project here* right now!!" syndrome?) have kept in to UFO status for a while.
3. This doll. 
I made a couple toys for a co-workers kids and he had only asked for something for his youngest two children. As soon as he gave them their new toys his 12 year old wanted one too! So this little guy is going to be detailed up with skateboarding stuff. I really like the size of this doll. He's about 9 inches tall and so stinkin' cute I want to make one for myself!
     Well, here in my neck of the woods it's Sweetest's Day. So that means a busy day at work. So with that I'm off to take on the rest of my day. Hope you all have a wonderful one!!
Much love,
The Tiny Tigress

No comments:

Post a Comment