Friday, November 14, 2014

A walk down memory lane: part 2


Ah days off! Where do you go? I think the hours on days off are shorter, I really do! Although I didn't get everything done on my day off yesterday that I wanted to, I did get back into my massive UFO collection to work on inventorying my projects for my Finish it Up list. It's amazing (and a little embarrassing) to really see all the projects that I started and never finished. Oh well, not going to fret over it. That's going to change. So, what did I stumble upon yesterday as I was taking inventory? Take a look!

First up is a sweet 30s sampler. I still want to add one more border and it's ready for basting.

This quilt was a birthday swap. You asked for specific colors and other group members made you a block with those colors for you for your birthday. Again, one more border is needed before it's ready.

Red and white is one of my favorites!

This scrappy beauty is one of the first ones I made after my divorce was final and I was in my new place. It has sentimental value and is staying with me.

This is the last one I have a picture of (I have many more tops but didn't want this post to end up a mile long,lol) this was a swap with an on-line group and everyone did exceptional work. This is one I really want to get done before Valentine's Day so I can display it for the holiday.

Now that you've seen a fraction of my UFO collection you can understand why I've decided to challenge myself to...
If any of you would like to join me, please let me know! The more the merrier! Let's get some quilts finished up in the coming year ;) I know it's an early start (it's only mid-November) but if I can shorten that list a little bit, that's perfectly ok with me. 

Finally, some happy news to share. Out of curiosity I looked up on-line quilt groups in a search engine, and one of the groups I was involved with is STILL ACTIVE!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was to find them and rejoin. I am so looking forward to being part of the group again. It made me realize that things really are starting to come full circle for me. I am so thankful for the blessings I have. 

Well, I've got a busy day ahead, hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!
Much love,
The Tiny Tigress

P.S. Tomorrow is the first day of the 16 week challenge! I'm ready, how about you? Let's do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment