Monday, November 3, 2014

I know I said I wouldn't, but......

I started another project. Well, sort of. I got done with my Halloween costume and had left over muslin and just couldn't waste it. I like to get as much out of my fabric as I can. So I've taken that leftover muslin and cut it into base squares for the string quilt and as many 2 1/2 inch squares as I could for my new project. I'm using them as leaders and enders...at least I do believe that's what they're called over at Quiltville.
I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure what I'll do with these sets. I'm thinking I may just sew them all up like a bigger squared version on a postage stamp quilt. All I know for sure is I'm really happy to be using up fabric and saving thread.
     Speaking of postage stamp quilts, ages ago I saw a postage stamp quilt-along and started one for my son. As life sometimes does, it got in the way and that quilt was put aside and has waited patiently for it's time to come out and play again. Well, sewing my costume gave my sewing mojo a jump start and that quilt is being worked on again. Right now I have 9 out of 20 blocks. 

I know that looks pretty daunting, but when you realize that the blocks are strip pieced, it's not quite as scary.
I have my work cut out for me, but I can't wait to see this one done. Which leads me to my next thought....my personal craft challenge for 2015. Yes, I know that's a ways off, but I'm trying to get myself prepared already ;) Over the next couple days I will be taking inventory of all my unfinished crafting projects (quilts, crochet and knit). Then making a list on the side of my blog that hopefully will be finished by the end of 2015. Another reason I'm starting early? Because I figure if I can start a little earlier than January 1st it certainly wouldn't hurt!! So keep your eyes open for a post with lots of UFO pics coming your way really soon.

On the fitness front...
I've woken up pain free 2 days in a row now. To an injured runner that's incredibly exciting!! Right now I'm walking 30-40 minutes a day, doing weights or Pilates 20 minutes a day and getting in at least 10 minutes of stretching after each workout. I know my lack of flexibility has been a factor any time I've been injured. I need to make it a focus in my routine because being injured stinks and I want to prevent it from happening as much as I can!

Well, it's a beautiful (but cold) day here in Ohio, and a great day to get my walk in. So I'm heading out to take in the scenery, the fresh air, and start mentally preparing myself to dig through boxes and drawers of crafty goodness to get that list going. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!

Much love, 
The Tiny Tigress <3

No comments:

Post a Comment